Are you moving anytime soon and wondering how to move valuable, fragile pictures and/or artwork? Do not worry! Learn from the experts at Oakley Relocation on how to pack pictures for any move.
Now that you’ve officially announced you’re moving, coming up with an efficient moving plan that takes every last detail into account should be your next step. A well-organized moving plan will help lower the stress level that invariably comes with any move, whether it’s across the city or to a new state or country.
An important consideration that you must address is how to pack pictures for moving. Pictures, valuable artwork, framed photos, mirrors, and other specialty items are all part of Oakley Relocation’s unique moving solutions that will meet all of your custom moving and shipment needs. We pride ourselves on moving anything, regardless of the size, shape, or how fragile or valuable it may be, anywhere in the country or world. Oakley Relocation is an experienced moving and storage company that has helped countless customers with residential moves since 2008. When moving any valuable items or artwork, it’s important to make sure that your moving company is fully-licensed, bonded and insured, as Oakley is. It will give you peace of mind that your items will be cared for and transported safely and securely, whether you’re moving across the street, across California or across the country.
Moving Supplies You’ll Need to Pack Pictures
The best way to pack pictures or to pack wall art for moving is easy if you have the right supplies. You’ll need to make sure you have quality, sturdy moving boxes of various sizes. Some moving boxes are specifically designed for pictures. Measure all of your pictures that are bigger than normal so that you get the right sized moving boxes for all of your special items. Next, you’ll need bubble wrap. This will give some added cushion to your pictures during the move. Wrapping paper, strong tape, and permanent markers are also needed. Old newspapers can be used instead of, or in addition to, wrapping paper.
The Packing Process for Pictures
If you’re packing picture frames, wall art, or mirrors for moving, the process is the same:
- Wrap the picture, face down, in wrapping paper (or old newspapers).
- Use the tape to secure all of the edges and to ensure the wrapping paper covers the entire item.
- Use the bubble wrap over the wrapping paper and make sure the whole picture is covered and tape the bubble wrap to make sure it stays secure.
- Find the right size moving box and insert the picture into the box.
- Make sure the picture is tightly packed in the box. If needed, insert old newspapers, more wrapping paper, bubble wrap, or even cardboard from a moving box to make sure it is secure.
- Tape both ends of the box.
- Clearly mark “Fragile” or “Mirror” or “Glass” with your permanent marker so your movers know that extra care must be taken for those items.
Oakley Relocation has been an expert in the moving and storage industry since 2008. If you’re concerned about packing and moving your pictures, whether they’re valuable, fragile, or simply important and sentimental to you, Oakley will move them and make sure they’re shipped with the special care needed to ensure they get to your new home safely and securely. Contact the Oakley team today to schedule either an in-home or virtual pre-move review and they’ll be happy to discuss the best way to move all of your pictures.